Wednesday 14 January 2009

Preaching in Victoria

The first Sunday of 2009 I was privileged to speak in a great Tongan church- Westgate Christian Fellowship, in Braybrook Melbourne. The pastor is Salesi Kanongataa and is a great friend. My whole family was with me for this Sunday. I shared with the church on the unique authority of God's Word and the need (especially for Pentecostals) to "test" so-called 'prophecies' by the Scriptures and proven brothers and sisters.

The following Sunday our family was two children lighter (Tyrone was now in Queensland and Zoe in Geelong). The church in Benalla is "Life Church" and it was one of the most impressive churches I have been in for a while. The pastor of Benalla Life Church is Daryl Marshall and he is a great guy.
The folk at Benalla warmly received us and made me and the girls (Kim, Ebony and Ruby) feel right at home. I shared with the folks of Benalla an exposition of Ephesians 4:17-21 and emphasised the classical principles of Biblical hermeneutics from this text. We look forward to building the connection with Daryl and Pam and their church.
The third church I spoke at this year was Shepparton Assembly of God. I served in this church back in 1989 as a youth leader.


We return to Tasmania this weekend where I will be speaking at the Mersey Christian Church in Latrobe and then Legana Christian Church the following Sunday. The Sunday after this (February 1st) I will ministering in Annapolis, Maryland (USA). I would appreciate your ongoing prayers for these preaching engagements.

No comments:

Post a Comment