As I look at Scripture, I see several clues that God gives us that helps us to understand what seems to be unanswered prayer.
1. "No" is an answer.
2. Matthew 6:33 advises us what to do before we pray.
3. First John 5:14 is our prescription for guaranteed answers to pray.
The next time you think that God is not listening and consequently not answering your prayers, remember these three truths.
Here's some additional interconnected insights from Scripture.
1. Pray with faith (Matt. 21:22; Mark 11:24).
2. Pray with perseverance and patience (Luke 18:1; Ephesians 6:18).
3. Pray with at least another believer (Matthew 18:20; James 5:16).
4. Pray in the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18; Romans 8:26; 1Cor. 14:15; Jude 20)
I pray that we will all be pray-ers who are not easily detered from petitioning God for Him to outwork Matthew 6:33 and 1John 5:14 into our lives.
Father, help us to pray and never give up pouring our heart out to you. Cuase our hearts to yearn for Your greatness to be demonstrated in our our lives. Cause us to prayerfully rest in your will. Help us to pray without ceasing with our minds, our words, and our lives. Help us to pray together. Help us to pray for your Word to be fulfilled in every life. Lead us by Your Spirit into intercession and fruitful praying.