Friday 20 March 2009

Christianity Converts

"You're just trying to convert me!" someone said to me once. I can't quite remember how I responded to such a claim at the time, but like most things, given the benefit of time I've thought of how I can respond if someone accuses me of this again. It goes something like this- "YES I AM!"

As a Church we love our city, we love our valley and we love our neighbourhoods. We are truly blessed to live in such a wonderful place with such fantastic people. We are blessed that God has knitted us into a growing church of growing people. But we want to see more! We want to see converts! We want to see our family, friends, acquaintances, and colleagues being converted to followers of the Christ.
Tamar River, Legana, Tasmania
Romans 16:5 Greet also the church in their house. Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who was tthe first convert to Christ in Asia.

Paul could write with a great deal of fondness about his first convert in Asia: Epaenetus. Paul, the great teacher of doctrine, lived to make converts to Christ.

1Corinthians 16:15 Now I urge you, brothers—you know that the household of Stephanas were the first converts in Achaia, and that they have devoted themselves to the service of the saints—

Later he wrote to the Corinthians with great fondness about his first converts in Achaia: the household of Stephanas. It seems that when we have the privilege of sharing Christ's love and message with those who accept it - and they become converts - we experience a joy beyond compare!

Acts 15:3 So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through both Phoenicia and Samaria, describing in detail the conversion of the Gentiles, and brought great joy to all the brothers.

Acts 8:8 And there was great joy in that city.


God can use you to play a part of converting someone to Christ.

Philemon 6 and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment